I haven’t blogged much in the past few weeks because a) not much has happened worth blogging about; and b) When I get home after my 3 10-hour days, the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer screen any longer than I have to. So, time to catch up:
1. T-minus 59 days until the GMAT. I’m not too worried. I’ve always done well on standardized tests with no preparation before, and this time I’ll be prepping until test day. Fingers crossed!
2. Speaking of the GMAT, Brent (coworker who was making lovey-dovey eyes at me during happy hour) had no clue what it was when I mentioned it in passing yesterday. Who has a marketing degree and doesn’t know what the GMAT is??? And it wasn’t that he just didn’t understand what I was saying, I had to explain the whole thing to him. I’ve admitted before that I’m a snob when it comes to the intelligence of potential significant others, so if I wasn’t planning on dating him before, it’s out of the question now. I don’t care if you’re not going to take the GMAT, but there’s no excuse for having a business-related degree and not even knowing what it is.
3. Mother Nature is so finicky. I’ve had a period every month of my life since I was 13. It loved to jump around (especially when I was surrounded by other girls at LJB), but it was always there. Not even the stressful transition to NYC could deter it. But apparently working for my managers is more stressful than moving cross-country with no long term plans, because my monthly visitor neglected to drop by this time. This should just mean less hassle (I’m 100% sure I’m not pregnant), but instead it’s bugging me because now I have no clue when it might next appear. Sigh.
4. The memories we cherish can be so random. Writing #3 made me think of the day I got my first period. Why I remember it, I don’t know, but I distinctly recall getting home from school and telling my mom that I’d gotten it. Her response? “I’m sorry. Here, have a piece of my chocolate cake.” Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
5. One more thing about Brent– at happy hour I mentioned going to NY and said “you guys should go sometime.” Apparently Brent thought I meant go in September with me, and he started talking about how he was thinking about taking vacation around that time anyway and he’d always wanted to visit NY. Luckily he came over to my desk today and said he was saving up his vacation time for a family cruise next year. Phew. Dodged a bullet there because I did not want to spend my vacation showing a guy acquaintance (I don’t know him well enough to call him a friend) around NYC.
6. The weather is so gorgeous right now. 80s, sunny, not very humid. I wish this could last forever, but I think we’re heading back into the 90s and above in a few days. Ah well, better savor it while I can.