I can’t believe enough things have actually happened in the past couple of weeks for me to write a “catching up” blog! But don’t get too excited EK, it’s nothing juicy (unlike what your blog would be like if you actually updated it, hint hint).
1. Emily came down on the 25th to get together for my birthday. We had a blast, but I also found out that she and her bf Zach are looking to move in together! That happened a bit fast…. Okay, yes, they’ve technically been together for over 2 years, but she was in France for 9 months of it and since they graduated last May they’ve lived in different states. Kudos to them if it works, but it’s definitely a big step. One of them has to get a full time job first, though, so who knows how long it’ll be before it actually happens.
2. Natalie and I went to the symphony on Saturday to listen to The Firebird Suite (orchestra nerds never change), but it turned out that the Firebird was only the second half of the concert – there were two other concertos during the first half. The first one was very pleasant. The second featured an opera singer singing in French while accompanied by dissonant music of cringe-inducing proportions. She was very talented….but I’m not an opera person. Let’s just leave it at that. The actual Firebird was good, if a struggle to stay awake through because I’m old and it was past my bedtime 😉
3. I’ve rediscovered smoothies. Instant. Happiness.
4. I have to have blood work done tomorrow which means that after the hot chocolate I’m about to drink, no food or drink until after 9am tomorrow morning. Considering that I usually eat breakfast around 5:40ish, I think I’m going to die. Hope my body lets me sleep in….and I pity whoever has to interact with me in the morning…..
5. My parents have a new cat (don’t know if I’ve mentioned that before). She’s light orange and white, very timid, 2 years old, small in height, and sausage-like in appearance. Poor thing spent a year in a cage at the shelter, so it’s not her fault she resembles a wiener dog more than a cat, but it is quite humorous.
6. Both of my managers are now going to be off on Thursday and Friday, which basically means that we relief adjusters have no direct contacts and no one to go to when things go wrong. It was ….. interesting last week. Hopefully it won’t always be that way. Speaking of work, we got our bonus and raise numbers. I’m happy with the first, but the second is pathetic. Don’t get me wrong, I’m grateful to get any raise at all, but it’s very demotivating. She is dangling the promise of a putting in for a promotion for me in July (though it may not process until September), so that’s something, I suppose. We’ll see if she can deliver. Not to be pompous, but I kind of deserve it since I’m only a Claims Rep I and she has me blatantly picking up the slack for some Claims Rep IIs (far beyond my normal relief adjusting duties).
7. The family birthdays continue next week. We’re having an extended family party for the brothers on Sunday (lucky me gets to go home and cook for it since Mom has to work until 4ish), and Tuesday we’re going to IHOP for brother Tyler’s birthday. Bring on more unhealthy food. I love the first two weeks in March 🙂